In order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment, a strict discipline policy has been adopted for all Geneva Park District programs. The following policies are designed to preserve a healthy program experience for all concerned. The following infractions will constitute utilization of the discipline system that follows under Discipline Procedures.
- Harming oneself such as, but not limited to:
- Leaving grounds without permission
- Leaving designated group without permission
- Climbing on objects that are not recommended by staff
- Physical damage to self
- Possession, use or transfer of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco or tobacco products
- Harming others such as, but not limited to:
- Throwing objects at or near others
- Bringing or using weapons, i.e. knives, glass, sharp objects, etc.
- Hitting, kicking or biting others
- Extreme verbal abuse
- Showing disrespect to other participants and staff
- Other aggressive behavior
- Damage to property:
- Tantrums resulting in damage to property
- Breaking, damaging or destroying property
- Taking any item that does not belong to the child
Please keep in mind, two verbal warnings will be given before becoming a first offense.
1st Offense: A warning letter will be sent home to a parent or guardian, or the participant if he or she is an adult, to be signed and returned. The parent/participant will also be called by the Program Instructor and/or Recreation Supervisor.
2nd Offense: Suspension -- the participant will be suspended for three days following the offense. The parent/participant will be notified via the phone or upon parental pick-up and a written explanation will be sent home by the Recreation Supervisor.
In cases when a program only meets for one day, participants will be given two verbal warnings. If the behavior is not corrected after two warnings, the participant will be removed from the class. Depending on the situation and the degree of the offense, the participant may be permanently dismissed from the program following the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd offense. There will be no refunds for days missed due to disciplinary infractions.
NOTE: Parents of program participants are responsible for ANY damages caused by their child.