Tier 3 Mitigations were announced. The Geneva Park District remains committed to following state guidelines to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
BestLife Fitness Locations, located inside of the Stephen Persinger Recreation Center and Sunset Community Center are currently open. Modified hours are 5:30am-8:30pm Monday through Friday, 7:00am-5:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
New Guidelines for BestLife Fitness Centers:
Operate at no more than 25% capacity
Taking our current daily attendance into account, we have typically been under the 25% capacity mark at all times at both Sunset and SPRC. The park district is confident that we will be able to accommodate members sufficiently.
Face coverings must be worn at all times
This includes while engaged in individual exercise regardless of person or machine spreading. The only time that you are not required to wear a mask in the facilities is briefly when you are taking a drink. Staff will be monitoring and strictly enforcing this rule at both facilities.
Reservations will be required
Members will be encouraged to call or email the park district to reserve your time to use the fitness centers. Walk-up reservations will be accommodated if building capacity allows it. You can call the Sunset Community Center at: 630-232-4542, the Stephen Persinger Recreation Center at: 630-232-4501, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to make a reservation. Reservations can be made at any time during operating hours. We will encourage members to be courteous to others and use their time in the facilities as efficiently as possible.
Locker room use limited
Locker room use will be limited to: toilets, sinks, and lockers for hanging coats. Locker rooms can no longer be used for: showers, shaving, face washing, or any activity that requires a patron to take their mask off. Limited clothes changing is allowed, and members are encouraged to spend as little time in the locker room as possible by coming to the facility prepared to work out.
SPRC Indoor Track
The indoor track will be open with a 25% capacity limit. Reservations are required. Masks will be required during use.
The fitness annex area of the gymnasium will be the only part of the gymnasium open for members, no basketball or other group activities will be allowed.
This plan will go into effect for a minimum of 14 days starting November 20th. We will update all members of any future mitigation measures as they become available.
As a reminder of one the biggest changes to this policy is: Masks will be required at all times inside the facility, including while exercising.
Our staff will continue to sanitize all equipment and high-touch areas frequently, and will do a deep cleaning nightly to keep our facilities as clean and safe as possible for our members. We encourage you to help the park district promote this safe environment by adhering to these new guidelines.
Restore Illinois Mitigation Plan – Move to Tier 2 Mitigations – Update: November 11, 2020
Working together to keep Geneva healthy and safe!
We encourage everyone to join us in complying with the safety protocols set forth by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Continue to follow the Three Ws:
- Wear a Mask
- Wash Your Hands
- Watch Your Distance
In addition, Park District staff have modified our program experiences to allow for increased social distancing and our staff follows enhanced cleaning protocols to ensure we are continuing to provide the safest environment. Under the new Tier 2 mitigation plan, programs and gatherings are limited to 10 participants and have further capacity guidelines.
The current Tier 2 mitigation does not change how the BestLife Fitness Centers are currently operating. We continue to be open and to welcome you into our facilities. As a reminder our buildings and fitness centers are operating under modified hours: Monday-Friday: 5:30am-8:30 pm and Saturday/Sunday: 7:00am-5:00pm
As a BestLife fitness member, please note that the following safety protocols are in place to ensure we are providing the safest experience for everyone.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the building. Fitness Members are required to wear masks when moving between equipment, in the locker rooms, on the track, and in the gymnasium
- Watch your distance and maintain at least six feet while utilizing fitness equipment, in the locker rooms, and throughout the building
- Fitness equipment is being disinfected regularly by members and staff
- All room capacities have been updated to allow for optimal social distancing
We understand how vital fitness and recreation is for everyone’s mental, physical, and emotional well-being. We encourage you to Live Your BestLife!
Again, we are committed to continuing to provide a safe experience for everyone!
BestLife Fitness Centers Re-opened on June 29,2020
Illinois’ Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) recently unveiled guidelines for Health & Fitness Clubs in Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan. Combining these guidelines with months of staff preparation, we have made modifications to our fitness centers to maximize your experience while maintaining a high level of cleanliness and safety.
Some changes you can expect to see:
- Rethinking our floor plan – In order to accommodate social distancing guidelines, staff have utilized new areas of the facilities to maximize your fitness experience while minimizing a reduction in available equipment. This includes transforming program rooms and the racquetball court at Sunset Community Center and gymnasium space and the Kidz Korral at SPRC to meet members’ fitness needs
- Fitness distancing – cardio machines, selectorized strength equipment and other fitness favorites have been strategically placed to ensure proper social distancing
- Comprehensive cleaning – with the guidance of IDPH, CDC, and DCEO, a wide-ranging approach has been developed to maintain optimal levels of cleanliness throughout the facility
- Hours of operation – Upon reopening, the hours of operation will be modified to 5:30am-8:30pm Monday through Friday, 7:00am-5:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Here are some ways you will be asked to help!
Watch our Mask Safety video on YouTube
Please note: video was created prior to additional Tier 3 Mitigations being added. Currently, masks are required at all times.
- If possible, arrive in your workout clothes
- Wash hands and use disinfectant frequently
- Wear a mask as you enter the facility and at all times when not working out
- Clean between use – please use strategically placed disinfectant with machine wipe down cloths on all equipment both before and after use
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- Bring your own:
- Water bottles – water fountains will be temporarily unavailable
- Towels – bath and neck towels will not be available
- Stretching or yoga mats
- To assist staff with keeping an accurate count of people in the fitness centers, you will be asked to use your key fob to swipe out upon leaving the facility each day
- Open gym (basketball and volleyball) is temporarily unavailable to the general public and is available to BestLife Fitness Members only. Please note: free passes and/or daily fees do not allow for open gym use at this time.
- The 10-day trial is not valid at this time
Click here for BestLife Fitness at SPRC Peak Hours
Click here for BestLife Fitness at Sunset Peak Hours