BestLife Fitness Centers are Re-opening on June 29
Illinois’ Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) recently unveiled guidelines for Health & Fitness Clubs in Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan. Combining these guidelines with months of staff preparation, we have made modifications to our fitness centers to maximize your experience while maintaining a high level of cleanliness and safety.
Some changes you can expect to see:
- Rethinking our floor plan – In order to accommodate social distancing guidelines, staff have utilized new areas of the facilities to maximize your fitness experience while minimizing a reduction in available equipment. This includes transforming program rooms and the racquetball court at Sunset Community Center and gymnasium space and the Kidz Korral at SPRC to meet members’ fitness needs
- Fitness distancing – cardio machines, selectorized strength equipment and other fitness favorites have been strategically placed to ensure proper social distancing
- Comprehensive cleaning – with the guidance of IDPH, CDC, and DCEO, a wide-ranging approach has been developed to maintain optimal levels of cleanliness throughout the facility
- Hours of operation – Upon reopening, the hours of operation will be modified to 5:30am-8:30pm Monday through Friday, 7:00am-5:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Here are some ways you will be asked to help!
Watch our Mask Safety video on YouTube
- If possible, arrive in your workout clothes
- Wash hands and use disinfectant frequently
- Wear a mask as you enter the facility and at all times when not working out
- Clean between use – please use strategically placed disinfectant with machine wipe down cloths on all equipment both before and after use
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- Bring your own:
- Water bottles – water fountains will be temporarily unavailable
- Towels – bath and neck towels will not be available
- Stretching or yoga mats
- To assist staff with keeping an accurate count of people in the fitness centers, you will be asked to use your key fob to swipe out upon leaving the facility each day
- No free passes, guests, or daily fees will be accepted at this time
- The 10-day trial is not valid at this time
- Open gym (basketball and volleyball) is temporarily unavailable to the general public and is available to BestLife Fitness Members only. Please note: free passes and/or daily fees do not allow for open gym use at this time.
Click here for BestLife Fitness at SPRC Peak Hours
Click here for BestLife Fitness at Sunset Peak Hours