COVID-19 Information and Updates
As the situation remains fluid, we continue to closely monitor the local, state, and national responses, follow the recommendations put forth by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Additional updates will be posted on this page and shared via email and on Facebook. On behalf of the Board of Commissioners, and Staff, thank you for your patience and understanding as we adapt to these unprecedented times.
Aquatics Update (update July 9, 2020)
- Beginning July 11, 2020 – up to 100 people will be allowed for open swim at Sunset Pool. (Online pre-registration is required)
- All rules/safety guidelines will apply
- Non-Residents are now able to sign-up for open swim 2-hours prior the beginning of the open swim time.
- For example, if the open swim time is from 3-5pm, Non-residents will be able to register beginning at 1PM, if space allows.
- Non-resident open swim fee is $15.00 per person / per time slot
Aquatics Update (update July 2, 2020)
Splash into fun this weekend! Sunset and Mill Creek Pools are reopening on Saturday, July 4 for open swim!
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has published guidelines for swimming facilities with the transition to Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan, which includes details for open swim! Staff have been readying the facility for the last several days in preparation for this holiday weekend hopefully filled with beautiful swimming weather!
We have made some modifications to the facility and operations of the pool to ensure the safety and health of all guests and staff. While all the normal safety pool rules will remain in effect, the following are some changes you can expect to see:
- Amenities to open in phases – Upon reopening on July 4, the main activity pool and spray ground at Sunset Pool will be the only swim areas available. Staff will continue to evaluate the feasibility of opening the other areas and amenities of the facility in the coming weeks.
- Reservations required for open swim – Open swim will be available in two-hour time slots: 10:00am-12:00pm, 12:30-2:30pm, 3:00-5:00pm, and 5:30-7:30pm (hours subject to change.) The pool deck will be cleared after each time slot to allow for cleaning and sanitizing of the facility. Open swim reservations will be available to Geneva Park District residents only.
- Comprehensive cleaning – with the guidance from IDPH and CDC, a wide-ranging approach has been developed to maintain optimal levels of cleanliness throughout the facility. Staff will be cleaning all surfaces, chairs and bathrooms at least every two hours.
- Patron & employee temperature screenings – per the IDPH Phase 4 swimming pool guidelines, upon entering the facility, we will be screening all patrons and employees to ensure their temperature is below 100.4 F.
- Concessions closed – Concessions operations will remain closed so please be sure to bring your own snacks and drinks (please no glass bottles/containers). Water fountains will also be unavailable so be sure to bring water to stay hydrated!
- No coupons, Groupons, or Free Passes will be accepted at this time
We all will play a vital role in upholding the level of cleanliness and safety for everyone at the pool. Here are some ways you will be asked to help!
- Per IDPH guidelines, a mask must be worn at all times when not participating in a swimming activity.
- Be mindful of others around you and practice social distancing at all times, even in the water.
- Please do not move deck chairs – staff have strategically placed chairs on the pool deck to ensure social distancing.
Sign Up for Open Swim, Aqua Fit, Lap Swim and Swim Lessons
Playground Update (update June 29, 2020)
All playgrounds have been reopened. Thank you for your patience as we awaited additional guidance from the Governor, CDC, and Illinois Department of Public Health. The Sprayground at Moore Park is also open.
- No more than 50 patrons allowed on a playground at any given time
- Visitors are encouraged to practice social distancing and wear masks
- Avoid crowded playgrounds and minimize physical contact between kids
- Outdoor playground equipment is not sanitized; use at your own risk
- If you or your child feels sick or has any symptoms of COVID-19, stay at home
- Wash hands with soap and water before and after playing or use hand sanitizer
Peck Farm Park Reopening (updated June 29, 2020)
Peck Farm Park is now open. Hawks Hollow Nature Playground is now open. All guidelines must be followed and social distancing must be practiced at all times.
The Butterfly House will reopen on July 3. Click here for Butterfly House Info and Hours.
Butterfly House Guidelines:
- All visitors must wear a mask
- Social distancing must be followed at all times
- Eight visitors allowed in at a time. A time limit will be enforced as visitation needs require
- All visitors must enter through the front doors and exit through the back door
- No food, drinks, strollers, purses, backpacks, bags, or other personal items allowed.
- Please leave all personal items, including food and beverages, secured in your vehicle.
- Do not touch butterflies or any accessories
- Follow proper hygiene and wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Using hand sanitizer is also encouraged
BestLife Fitness Centers are Scheduled to Re-Open Monday, June 29 (updated June 25, 2020)
It is with great excitement that the BestLife Fitness locations located inside the Stephen Persinger Recreation Center and Sunset Community Center and will be reopening on Monday, June 29!
Illinois’ Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) recently unveiled guidelines for Health & Fitness Clubs in Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan. Combining these guidelines with months of staff preparation, we have made modifications to our fitness centers to maximize your experience while maintaining a high level of cleanliness and safety.
Some changes you can expect to see:
- Rethinking our floor plan – In order to accommodate social distancing guidelines, staff have utilized new areas of the facilities to maximize your fitness experience while minimizing a reduction in available equipment. This includes transforming program rooms and the racquetball court at Sunset Community Center and gymnasium space and the Kidz Korral at SPRC to meet members’ fitness needs
- Fitness distancing – cardio machines, selectorized strength equipment and other fitness favorites have been strategically placed to ensure proper social distancing
- Comprehensive cleaning – with the guidance of IDPH, CDC, and DCEO, a wide-ranging approach has been developed to maintain optimal levels of cleanliness throughout the facility
- Hours of operation – Upon reopening, the hours of operation will be modified to 5:30am-7:30pm Monday through Friday, 7:00am-5:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Both our staff and our members will play a vital role in upholding the level of cleanliness and safety that we all expect. Here are some ways you will be asked to help!
- If possible, arrive in your workout clothes
- Wash hands and use disinfectant frequently
- Wear a mask:
- Be sure to wear a mask when you enter the facility and at all times when not working out
- Clean between use:
- Use strategically placed disinfectant with machine wipe down cloths on all equipment both before and after use
- Social distancing:
- Be mindful of others around you and practice social distancing
- Bring your own:
- Water bottles – water fountains will be temporarily unavailable
- Towels – bath and neck towels will not be available
- Stretching or yoga mats
- To assist staff with keeping an accurate count of people in the fitness centers, you will be asked to use your key fob to swipe out upon leaving the facility each day
- No free passes, guests, or daily fees will be accepted at this time
- The 10-day trial is not valid at this time
Our enthusiasm cannot be overstated enough – we cannot wait to see each and every one of you in the facility in the coming days and weeks. If you have any questions, please reach out to Jim Huetson (Sunset Facility Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Elliott Bortner (SPRC Facility Manager) at email@example.com
Mill Creek Pool – Open aqua fitness, lap swim. Swim lessons will begin the week of June 15 (updated June 18, 2020)
Exciting news! We received guidelines from the Illinois Department of Public Health regarding pool operations. We will be opening Mill Creek Pool June 15th for lap swim and aqua fitness classes! Keep an eye on the website for hours of operations to be released every Thursday for the following week. Swim lessons will begin the week of June 22.
Sign Up for Aqua Fitness, Lap Swim and Swim Lessons
Get outside and Swing into Fun! Stone Creek Miniature Golf Course, located in Wheeler Park is open daily from 10:00 am- 11:00 am (weather permitting). Reservations for up to four players is required and can be easily accessed through the website.
Reserve Your Mini-Golf Tee Time!
Our parks, trails, and green spaces remain open. Tennis courts are also open for play and small group lessons. Playgrounds and spray grounds currently remain closed, however, we are keeping a keen eye on guidelines as they are released from the Illinois Department of Public Health and will communicate any changes as they become available.
We are excited to continue to provide summer programs to the community! Click here for some fun recreational opportunities including All Star Sports, tennis lessons, and softball.
Summer camp began the week of June 8th! Registration is still available.
New, outdoor fitness classes began at various locations throughout the District and is a great opportunity to enjoy the outdoors while staying healthy! Registration is required – come join the fun!
Sign Up For Outdoor Fitness!
We are excited to be welcoming back all our valued customers! We will continue to monitor all guidelines from the Governor’s Office, the Centers for Disease Control, and the Illinois Department of Public Health as we intend to react swiftly to continue to expand our level of service to the community as quickly as we can.
Thanks Geneva! We have missed you – and we hope to see you soon!
Pool Pass and Swim Lesson Updates (May 28, 2020)
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and without guidance on how to safely operate outdoor aquatic facilities from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Geneva Park District has made the extremely difficult decision to cancel swim lessons and pool memberships for the 2020 summer pool season.
All registered swim lesson participants will receive a refund via the original method of payment. There is nothing further for you to do at this time.
Those who have already purchased a pool membership for the 2020 Season have two options:
- Receive a credit on your Geneva Park District account for the amount paid. Please email Joey, Aquatic Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5.
- Receive a full refund, via the original method of payment. No further action will be required.All pool membership refunds and credits will be processed by July 1.
The Geneva Park District is currently assessing the feasibility of providing a shortened pool season while continuing to keep the health and safety of patrons and staff a priority. Once the Illinois Department of Public Health releases their guidelines on how, or if, we can safely operate outdoor aquatic facilities, we will communicate updates, a revised pool schedule with daily use and membership fees, along with potential aquatic program offerings on our website at genevaparks.org.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
Camp and Pool Updates (May 19, 2020)
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, Sunset and Mill Creek Pools will not open as scheduled for the 2020 season. Typical pre-season pool preparations and staff trainings have been suspended until further notice.
Phase 3 – Recovery of the Restore Illinois Plan does not include public swimming pools. In addition, the Illinois Department of Public Health has not provided any direction on how, or if, we can safely operate aquatic facilities this summer. That being said, the District is currently assessing the feasibility of providing a shortened pool season while keeping the safety of patrons and staff in the forefront. Although governing guidelines have not been issued, the District is mindful operational challenges will exist should either of our public pools open for the 2020 season.
We appreciate your patience, and understand this may be disappointing. Once the Illinois Department of Public Health issues guidelines, the District will be equipped to make a final decision in regards to the operations of Mill Creek and Sunset Pools.
Sadly, the pools will not open Memorial Day Weekend as would be typical. We will communicate updates to the public as soon as they become available. Pool pass membership fees will either be prorated or fully refunded depending on final decisions.
It is our utmost priority to provide a safe environment for campers, as well as, staff. We are currently reviewing guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control, American Camp Association, and the Illinois Department of Public Health to insure safety measures and protocols are identified and implemented prior to the commencement of camp.
Phase 3 would allow us to begin summer camp in a limited capacity; we anticipate direction from the governor’s office sometime soon. Camps will certainly look a bit different this year given the social distancing guidelines, but we will keep families informed as soon as we have more definitive information.
A few decisions that have been made thus far for the safety of our participants:
- We will be hosting a virtual Meet the Counselors Night and providing families with a FAQ sheet not only for general camp questions but for health and safety COVID-19 related questions as they relate to our programs.
- As a district we are working to update our cleaning and sanitation procedures to be compliant with Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines.
- Our regularly scheduled field trips will be replaced with virtual field trip options!
- Our staff to participant ratio this summer will be 1:8 for all camps. Due to social distancing campers will stay with their small group throughout the day.
- If you have any questions regarding summer camps, please contact Kelly Wales at email@example.com or 630-262-2201.
Additional program opportunities for the community are being planned within the parameters of the Restore Illinois Plan and details will be forthcoming. Please continue to check here for updated information.
Tennis courts, Disc Golf, and Stone Creek Miniature Golf Course are open
Tennis Court Safety Guidelines – updated June 4, 2020
- Up to Four People Per Court
- Doubles Play Allowed
- Please be courteous and limit playing to 1 hour when others are waiting
USTA Tennis Ball Recommendations
The Links Disc Golf Course Safety Guidelines
- Groups of up to four are permitted
- One person on Tee at a time
- Provide adequate spacing between Groups. Next group starts when group in front is completed with hole.
- Stay at basket until next Tee is clear
- Golfers bring and use own equipment
- Do not share equipment
- Practice Social Distancing at all times
- Wearing a mask is encouraged
We are bringing all the energy and excitement directly to you and your family with our Live Your Best Life At Home web page! You will find a variety of free activities and resources that will keep you smiling, active, and making memories. In addition, we encourage you to engage with us and to follow our Facebook page for even more virtual recreational content!
Virtual Recreation Options
Notice Regarding Parks, Playgrounds, and Trails
We encourage people to take a walk, ride your bike, and get fresh air. We hope you find ways to stay healthy, both physically and mentally.
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) supports the safe use of parks during the COVID-19 outbreak. Read Statement
. The Geneva Park District supports this statement, and we encourage you to use our open spaces to maintain your physical and mental health.
To prevent the continued spread of this virus, it is essential that you
follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC
and follow Governor Pritzker’s Stay At Home Order. It is now required to wear a mask or face covering for anyone over the age of 2 years old when in public and unable to practice social distance. We encourage face coverings at all our locations.
Parks and Playgrounds
Our trails and green spaces will remain open at this time. However, you must practice social distancing at all times. All playgrounds and spray grounds remain CLOSED.
When using our parks, trails, and green spaces
- Stay off ALL playground equipment
- BE SMART. STAY APART – Maintain social distancing at all times
- Do not gather in groups larger than 10
Facilities, Programs, and Special Events
All other facilities are currently CLOSED. A limited amount of programs are permitted with a maximum of 10 participants and are being held outdoors.
If you are entitled to a refund for any program canceled due to COVID-19, there is nothing additional for you to do, we will process it for you.
Please be patient as we navigate through this process.
Contact Us – No Phones
We encourage you to utilize our website at genevaparks.com
. If necessary, please send an email
or leave a voicemail at 630-232-4542. We will do our best to respond to you Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm via email. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times, and we hope you and your family remain healthy.