For ages 14+
Geneva Park District offers a variety of Personalized Training options to help you reach your health and fitness goals. Personalized Training services are open to both members and non-members, as well as both residents and non-residents.
For more information, or to sign up for any of the following Personalized Training options, please call Sunset Community Center at 630-232-4542 or Stephen Persinger Recreation Center at 630-232-4501.
Join one of our expert personal trainers at a complimentary orientation session. Your free orientation includes:
- An in-depth tour of the fitness center and its amenities.
- Instruction/review of basic use of cardio and strength equipment.
- Introduction to basic fitness center etiquette and rules.
- Information about our personalized training options.
A fitness assessment is beneficial to gather information about your initial fitness level before beginning any exercise routine. An assessment consists of:
- An evaluation of resting and exercise heart rates and blood pressure, body fat percentage, strength, endurance, and flexibility.
- Expert advice on determining goals. We have a variety of personalize training options that are available to help you reach your goals through realistic, motivational, and effective exercise and nutrition.
Kick up your routine! Our certified personal trainers can assist you in achieving your fitness goals by:
- Assessing your current fitness level and defining your goals.
- Developing the safest and most effective workout for you.
- Breaking down your overall objectives into smaller realistic and achievable goals.
- Providing you with accountability, motivation, support, experience, and expert guidance to attain your best health and fitness potential.
Yoga Personal Training
Yoga personal training is an opportunity to deepen your practice, gain confidence, and receive one-on-one guidance in developing a practice tailored to your individual needs. Benefits include flexibility, strength, stress release, and weight loss. Individuals who can benefit from yoga are those who:
- Would like to begin yoga practice
- Have injuries or health concerns
- Aspire to take their practice deeper
- Wish to develop a meditation practice
- Need to fit yoga into a busy schedule
- Want to cross-train
- Simply wish to live a more mindful daily life
The goal of nutrition counseling is to assess individual nutrition needs and provide education including practical tips to meet these nutrition needs. Our certified dietician/nutritionist can provide you with the tools to:
- Promote wellness and disease prevention through a healthy, well-balanced diet and lifestyle changes.
- Set your own nutrition goals while providing motivation, support, and education to help achieve and maintain lifetime dietary changes.
- Incorporate a variety of whole foods in the correct proportions for improved health, versus the use of fad diets, liquid diets, and/or supplement use.