Community Gardens at Prairie Green
Registration for the 2023 growing season is now open!
Plant some seeds! Watch them grow!
The Community Gardens at Prairie Green is a cooperative partnership between the Geneva Park District, the City of Geneva and the Forest Preserve District of Kane County. The gardens are located at the intersection of Peck Road and Bricher Road. The space features 131 plots.
Community gardens are a wonderful place to spend time outside, exercise, produce food, and stay connected.
The Community Garden is set to open on the week of April 15 if the weather cooperates.
Garden plots are open from dawn until dusk between April and October. Plots are available on a first come/first served basis. Each plot is 20 ft. x 30 ft. Gardeners are responsible for the maintenance of their garden plot. Gardens will be checked periodically for maintenance. If a garden appears to need attention, gardeners will be notified by email and phone.
Benefits of Community Gardens
- Community Gardens offer an opportunity to grow your own produce while getting to know other gardeners.
- Exposure to green space reduces stress and increases a sense of wellness
- Community Gardens restore oxygen to the air and help to reduce air pollution
- Be prepared for the possibility that there may be limited access to the garden.
- Mulch now to prevent weeds and reduce soil moisture loss.
- Use row covers for insect control when feasible.
- Stay ahead of seasonal tasks.
- Returning gardeners from the 2022 season can sign up for their same plot in 2023, starting on December 1, 2022. Returning gardeners have first priority to renew their contracts for the same plot as 2022. You may only renew one plot. If you had two plots during the 2022 season you can sign up for a second plot beginning April 1, 2023.
- Returning gardeners from the 2022 season who wish to change to a different plot may take any open plot starting on January 1, 2023.
- New gardeners who did not have a plot in 2022 may sign up for a plot starting on February 1, 2023.
- On April 1st interested gardeners may sign up for a second plot.
Plot Fee: $49 (N/R $73)
Registration Code: 5611901-01 thru 5611901-133
Reserve Your Plot and Sign Up For Gardening Classes