Community Gardens at Prairie Green
It’s almost time to start thinking about the 2024 growing season!
Plant some seeds! Watch them grow!
The Community Gardens at Prairie Green is a cooperative partnership between the Geneva Park District, the City of Geneva and the Forest Preserve District of Kane County. The gardens are located at the intersection of Peck Road and Bricher Road. The space features 131 plots.
Community gardens are a wonderful place to spend time outside, exercise, produce food, and stay connected.
Garden plots are open from dawn until dusk between April and October. Plots are available on a first come/first served basis. Each plot is 20 ft. x 30 ft. Gardeners are responsible for the maintenance of their garden plot. Gardens will be checked periodically for maintenance. If a garden appears to need attention, gardeners will be notified by email and phone.
Benefits of Community Gardens
- Community Gardens offer an opportunity to grow your own produce while getting to know other gardeners.
- Exposure to green space reduces stress and increases a sense of wellness
- Community Gardens restore oxygen to the air and help to reduce air pollution
- Be prepared for the possibility that there may be limited access to the garden.
- Mulch now to prevent weeds and reduce soil moisture loss.
- Use row covers for insect control when feasible.
- Stay ahead of seasonal tasks.
- Returning gardeners from the 2023 season can sign up for their same plot for 2024, starting on December 1, 2023. Returning gardeners have first priority to renew their contracts for the same plot as 2023. You may only renew one plot. If you had two plots during the 2023 season you can sign up for a second plot beginning March 1, 2024.
- Returning gardeners from the 2023 season who wish to switch to a different plot may take any open plot starting on January 1, 2024.
- New gardeners who did not have a plot in 2023 may sign up for a plot starting on February 1, 2024.
- On March 1st, 2024 interested gardeners may sign up for a second plot.
Registration Code: 5611901-01 thru 5611901-133
Reserve Your Plot and Sign Up For Gardening Classes